Happy 2017 Everyone!!!
Wow! I can hardly believe that 2016 has come and gone! And, not only that but we are already almost through the first month of 2017!!!
In the fashion that I do most things, I am just now getting around to New Year’s resolutions!
The first part of the month was spent celebrating my 38th birthday!!!
Happy Birthday to me Happy Birthday to me Happy Birthday dear…
Yes, 38 deserves more than one measly day!!!
For my birthday we went to see La La Land! My family was not impressed that it was a musical but guess what!!!
It was MY birthday!!!!
The movie was FABULOUS!!! I can’t wait to see it again. I definitely recommend it. My family even enjoyed it!!!
Instead of getting depressed because I am almost 40, I decided to use these last 2 years of my 30’s accomplishing some serious goals and get ready for my 40’s which I know are going to be the best years of my life!!!
So here goes…my goals:
- Read the Bible all the way through – always a yearly goal!
- Get in shape! – Seriously…it is NOT ok to get all sweaty tying my shoes!
- Develop better habits – eating, exercise, how I spend my free time and how I spend my money
- Write a bible study
- Have more family prayer time
- Spend more time doing things together (everyone sitting in the living room on their phone doesn’t count!)
- Cook more (I’ve been working on this one for almost 18 years now!…Maybe this will be the year!)
- And the most challenging of all…get my daughter organized!!!! I mean after all, she is going to be a wife one day and as of right now…she’s not gonna make a very good one! We cleaned her room really good before she had to go back to school and then we remodeled it into a big girl’s room (still in the process of this one!). I bought her a cute planner and we organized her closet. Good start huh…So far, she has managed to leave her curling iron on and it fell to the floor burning a hole through her dad’s Jason Whitten jersey that she had borrowed and left a burn mark on her carpet. She has lost not only her shoes but several pairs of mine!!! I have had to go to the school several times already and it is only January! I’m gonna need some prayers for this one!
- Paint my kitchen cabinets
- Finish my bedroom remodel – check out my progress so far here.
- Finish Paige’s room
- Remodel my closet
This is what I have in mind…
- Create a planner
- Write an eBook
- Launch my VA business and get some regular clients.
Before I am 40:
- Get out of Debt – Yea this is still a work in progress. Christmas set us back a bit but we are back on track now.
- Finish my degree – I am currently in my 3rd year of college working on my Bachelors in Advertising and Public Relations.
And there you have it…my VERY reasonable goals for this year
and a couple for next!
Share some of your amazing goals with me!!!